Sample shown in image. Colors TBD.
We're in the process of making a completely compostable two-tone cuffed tee, where the cuffs will be a different color than the rest of the shirt.
This is a mid-weight tee made with 100% organic cotton interlock.
Interlocks are a lot sturdier than jersey and blends, and so garments made with these fabrics tend to last a lot longer. And because it's so durable, we knew that we could also use it for the collar without compromising the structural integrity of the shirt. That allowed us to avoid having to use a 1x1 rib knit, which has spandex, whose production requires nonrenewable resources and is all around terrible for the environment.
The thread and labels we use for this garment are also made with natural fibers instead of the usual synthetics found in practically any other garment on the market.
And all of the materials used to construct this shirt have low-impact, non-toxic dye, so after years and years of wear, it can be composted safely rather than getting thrown out.
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates. All things compostable starting 2022.
- 100% organic cotton interlock fabric
- Low-impact, non-toxic dye
- Natural fibers used for thread and labels
- No 1x1 rib for the collar (no spandex)
- Cuffs tacked down with an invisible stitch
- Safe to compost after having run its course
- Machine was cold with like colors and hang dry
- 5'9" and wearing a size M